You care about the earth in life ~ but what about in death? Will your final act be kind to the planet and to those you leave behind? Learn what a truly green funeral is, what is myth and what is truth, with Jeff Jorgenson, Funeral Director, Environmentalist.
New from Brant Huddleston
You care about the earth in life ~ but what about in death? Will your final act be kind to the planet and to those you leave behind? Learn what a truly green funeral is, what is myth and what is truth, the trends and the obstacles in this interview with Jeff Jorgenson of Elemental NW ~ Seattle’s first and only all green funeral home.
In one of those unexpected twists of fate that life tosses our way, Jeff found himself with a newly minted degree in aeronautics, plus a Master of Science in Management, but a job offer with the corporate goliath of the funeral business world. He took the job and paid his dues, opening Elemental to serve a growing niche: a greener, more affordable, collaborative approach to funerals. Today Jeff is one of the leaders in a movement of entrepreneurs who are challenging entrenched systems that are often unaware of their environmental impact, and by doing so has discovered he can also provide a less expensive, more intimate experience for the families he serves.
In this green funeral episode you will learn about:
- The definition of a carbon neutral cremation
- How to spot “greenwashing”
- The business practice of managing a triple bottom line
- Jeff’s YouTube series called “Is it Legal?” with Caitlin Doughty of the Order of the Good Death
- The greenest way to go
- The hybrid cemetery
- The optimal depth for burial
- Why have a vault?
- How not to be selfish
- Where to find a green funeral home from the Green Burial Council
Other "Green" Shows that Might Interest You
- A Natural, Earth Friendly Way to Come Back as a Tree, with Bios Urn Co-Inventor Roger Moline Navarro
- Where, How and Why to Choose a Green Burial with Ann Hoffner, author of "The Natural Burial Cemetery Guide: A State-by-State Guide. (in two parts)
- Going Out Green with Jeff Jorgenson, Director of Elemental NW ~ Seattle’s first and only all green funeral home
- As Below, So Above, with Joe Sehee, Founder of the Green Burial Council (in two parts)
- From Earth to Earth ~ Respectfully Composting Human Remains, with Susanne Wiigh-Mäsak, Founder of Promessa (in two parts)
Share the Love!
Your quick review on iTunes would help me a lot. It’s as easy as ABC! Just…
A) Look for the gold “Review Brant’s Show on iTunes” button below. Click there.
B) Then (in iTunes) click on “View in iTunes.” It’s the blue button under the iTunes logo. That will open iTunes. Finally;
C) Look for the “Ratings and Reviews” tab. Click there and work your magic!
Presto and grazie!