In this part two of my interview with veteran hospice nurse Barbara Karnes, we dig deeper into what’s in her helpful kit for families of the dying, how it helps, and even ask if Grandma should be allowed to spark one up and get stoned in her dying days! I think you’ll be surprised at Barbara’s answer.
Listen to the show using the player below, or go here for more details on the show.
New from Brant Huddleston
Share the Love!
Your quick review on iTunes would help me a lot. It’s as easy as ABC! Just…
A) Look for the gold “Review Brant’s Show on iTunes” button below. Click there.
B) Then (in iTunes) click on “View in iTunes.” It’s the blue button under the iTunes logo. That will open iTunes. Finally;
C) Look for the “Ratings and Reviews” tab. Click there and work your magic!
Presto and grazie!
Dance Podcasts You Might Like
In part one of this interview we met Barbara Karnes who spent decades working as a Registered Nurse and was present for the deaths of hundreds of people. The observations she made during those sacred moments, and the lessons she learned, led Barbara to craft a new way to think about dying, one that will transform how families might help a loved one die, and how you might help yourself when your time comes. Her compassionate wisdom is offered in a kit that includes two easy to read booklets and a copy of her new award winning film “New Rules for End of Life Care.”
Now if you haven’t had the opportunity to listen to part one, you might want to jump over there and take a listen, because that’s where we first meet Barbara, and where she talks about how to recognize the signs that someone is dying, and some specific things you can do to help a loved one when they are dying. In this part two we dig deeper into what’s in Barbara’s kit, how it helps, and we take a trip in the Dance to Death time machine into the future. I even ask Barbara if Grandma should be allowed to spark one up and get stoned in her dying days if that what she wants. I think you’ll be surprised at her answer.
Please join me now for part two of my two part interview with internationally respected speaker, educator, author, thought leader, and now, award winning film producer, Barbara Karnes RN.
What you will learn from Barbara Karnes:
- Elisabeth Kübler-Ross’ pioneering death work in the US
- Cicely Saunders pioneering hospice work in the UK
- How Barbara was affected by these two pioneers
- What’s in her kit, and why you need it
- Our big mistakes from the 1970’s, and how hers turned into lemonade
- Her two hour training video for medical professionals
- If we should let Grandma spark one up in her dying days
- Why there is no reason to die in pain
- The bogus fear of overdose and addiction
- Her blog post “Does Morphine Hasten Death?”
- What Barbara sees from her time machine 100 years in the future
- The best famous last words I have ever heard